Ingredients: Bacon, shrimp, polenta, parmesan
5 large shrimp, peeled and deveined
4-5 strips uncooked bacon
1/4-cup instant polenta
1 1/2 tablespoons grated parm
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
1. Wash and dry the shrimp. Cut the bacon into two strips lengthwise and wrap around the shrimp. Hold the bacon in place by piercing a toothpick through each shrimp.
2. Place shrimp on a foil-lined baking sheet and bake until bacon is crisp, about 20 minutes
3. Meanwhile, cook the polenta: place 1 cup of water in a small saucepan with 1 teaspoon salt and bring to a boil.
4. Gradually whisk in polenta, and simmer over medium-low heat until very thick, about 10 minutes.
5. Stir parmesan into polenta until combined; season to taste with salt and pepper.
6. Place polenta on a platem remove toothpicks from shrimp, and serve over polenta.
Tomorrow: bruschetta with goat cheese and balsamic vinaigrette (still with 5 ingredients or less) - does this appeal to you? Would you rather me try to make something else? Let me know! Post a comment or email me: email@example.com