Pasta Bianca


I won't lie to you.  When I originally decided to make this pasta today, I agreed that I would make it to take pictures of it and finalize the recipe for this blog, and that I would save it in the fridge for tomorrow (I had my mind set on eating an amazing gouda I had bought for dinner with a baguette).  However, ten minutes after taking this photo, the pasta was gone.  I even wiped the bowl clean with a piece of bread - every time I make it, I always forget how delicious this pasta is!  I can very well promise that if you make it, you won't be able to resist eating the whole thing, right away. 


And for the even better news:  it is one of the easiest things to make.  I know I've said that about past dishes, but this one takes the cake.  There are 4 ingredients and the whole thing takes 10 minutes to put together from start to finish.  Enough talking, let's get to the recipe already. 


Pasta Bianca - serves 1


1 heaping tablespoon fresh-grated parmesan, plus extra for sprinkling on at the end
2 tablespoons grated white cheddar, emmental, or jarlberg
1 tablespoon melted butter
1 1/2 cups uncooked pasta (garganelli is amazing if you can get your hands on it, ziti or a similar pasta is good too)


1.  Bring a small pot of salted water to a boil; pour in pasta and cook until al dente, usually about 8-10 minutes, but it depends with each type of pasta (check the packaging instructions).
2.  Pour the grated parmesan, grated cheddar, and a pinch of salt in an individual-sized bowl, big enough to fit all of the pasta
3.  Get ready, b/c there are only 3 instructions and they move quickly: when the pasta's ready, drain it over a bowl in the sink to retain some of its cooking water.
4.  Pour the melted butter in the bowl with the grated cheese; add the pasta & toss to coat the pasta. 
5.  Add the cooking water by the tablespoon, moving on to the next tablespoon after the current one has been absorbed, probably 4-5 tablespoons in all.  Grate some more parmesan over it, and sprinkle with black pepper if you're so inclined.


Cook with love, passion, and excitement.
Merci, à bientôt!

1 comments:

Unknown said...

This recipe is useful and delicious for all.I have included you guys in my blogroll
Easy Healthy Recipes
Many person weight and so happy about it! Please see my blogroll more than recipe

Post a Comment