Raspberry Butter Cookies


Ingredients: Butter, vanilla extract, flour, sugar, raspberry jam


I made these cookies tonight as a thank you to my neighbors, who had to deal for the first time (but probably not the last) with my locking myself out of my apartment.  Although my neighbor who opened the door was busy repairing his apartment, and his wife was preoccupied with getting her son in the bath, they both took some time to wrestle with my door and get me safely back in.  So, I wanted to make them some delicious treats to show my appreciation for their time. 


When I asked my sister what I should make them, she immediately suggested raspberry butter cookies.  Of course, why didn't I think of that!  These were an all-time favorite growing up; when I was little, and had no understanding of nutrition, caloric intake, or diets (horror of all horrors), I would average about 10 of these cookies per sitting. Granted, the butter cookies I liked to buy were from Rosie's Bakery, and they were pretty small, about 1/2-inch in diameter each.

Making them is quite a treat - as they heat up in the oven the whole apartment starts to smell buttery and sweet!  To my pleasant surprise, I discovered that these cookies only require 5 ingredients (pure coincidence, I swear!) If you make them, you can either hand them out to friends, or keep them to yourself and eat a couple a day; they're good for up to about 4 days.




Raspberry Butter Cookies - makes about 25 cookies

1 1/2 sticks butter, softened at room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 cups flour
raspberry jam

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and place the cooking rack on the highest position.
1.  Place the butter in a medium bowl, and cream in the vanilla with a fork or a wooden spoon.
2.  Once it is blended, cream in the sugar until combined.
3.  Add the flour in small portions, until all the flour is combined and the mixture is smooth.
4.  Line a baking sheet  with parchment paper; roll the mixture into small balls of about 1-inch diameter, and place them on the baking sheet about 1 1/2-inches apart.
5.  With your (clean!) thumb, press into the center of each ball to make a well.  Fill the jam in each well, making sure it doesn't overflow.
6.  Bake for about 14-15 minutes, or until the edges of the cookies begin to brown.  Let cool at least 10 minutes.


4 comments:

colleen said...

THEY LOOK MORE AMAZING NOW THAT I SEE YOUR PICTURE. I'm making them tomorrow, so I'll let you know how that goes!

blog job said...

I AM MAKING them toooooooo---amanda

Ashley Fahr said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ashley Fahr said...

Eeeks I'm so glad you like them! Hope to make more like it.

Post a Comment