Honey and Hazelnut-Crusted Salmon


Ingredients: Salmon, Honey, Dijon Mustard, Hazelnuts

I got the idea for this either last night, or at some point today while I was daydreaming, of course, about food.  The dish is so simple (there are four ingredients), but because each component has such a distinct flavor, the end result is very tasty. 

I ate this with some steamed artichokes, but I think this would also go great with some lentilsbrussel sprouts, steamed broccoli, or roasted potatoes.  The choices are endless, and of course depend on your tastes.   Additionally, I had a package of hazelnuts which I have been itching to use for the past two weeks, which I why I chose this particular nut.  However, I think many other variations, such as almonds, pistachios, pecans, or walnuts, would also complement the salmon.



Enjoy!

Honey and Hazelnut-Crusted Salmon - serves 1

1 6-oz. (170 g) salmon fillet
1 1/2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon dijon mustard
1/4-cup (80 g) crushed hazelnuts, roughly chopped.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
1. Line a baking dish with aluminum foil; place salmon on foil, skin-side down.
2. In a small bowl, mix together the honey, dijon mustard, a dash of salt, and a dash of pepper.
3.  Rub mixture all over the salmon (bottom too); press the hazelnuts into the top and sides of the fish, and bake until cooked through, about 12-14 minutes.
4.  When removing the salmon from the tray, gently detach the salmon from its skin (if it's cooked through it should detach easily).  Serve.

0 comments:

Post a Comment